Centre for Informatics and Statistics (CIS) and Vinh Long Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (Vinh Long DARD) belonging to Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) has been participating "YMC-Viet Project", a youth-driven agricultural aid project. "YMC (Youth Mediated Communication) Model", is a unique community-development model for providing assistance to developing nations which was invented by NPO Pangaea. In the YMC Model, expert knowledge is delivered to illiterate parents by their children. The project was started by funding called "Ubiquitous Alliance Project" of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan (http://www.soumu.go.jp/english/
) in the Japanese fiscal year of 2010.
Implementation field has been in Thien My commune, Tra On district of Vinh Long province with an involvement of DARD of Vinh Long province. It is the first implementation field where YMC model applied in the world. Thirty-four households in Thien My Commune have been participating in the project implementation.
YMC Viet Project has been a multi-stakeholder project supported by academia, NGO, and national/local government in both Vietnam and Japan since 2010.The current project participants are listed as follows:
* Centre for Informatics and Statistics (CIS )
* Vinh Long DARD (www.vinhlong.gov.vn
* University of Science in Vietnam National University - HCMC (http://www.hcmus.edu.vn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1635&Itemid=724
* Department of Social Informatics in Kyoto University (http://www.ai.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp
* Institute for Sustainable Agro-ecosystem Services in University of Tokyo (http://www.isas.a.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index-e.html
* Graduate school of Bioresources in Mie University (http://www.nodai.ac.jp/int/
* Tokyo University of Agriculture
* National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (http://www.naro.affrc.go.jp/english/
* NPO Pangaea (http://www.pangaean.org
*Service Science, Solutions and Foundation Integrated Research Program, RISTEX, JST (http://www.ristex.jp/EN/index.html
There have been two workshop events called "Vietnam-Japan Workshop on Youth Mediated Communication." Government officials of MARD and Vinh Long DARD participated and gave talks and joined panel discussions with other participants from academia and NGO.
* 1st Vietnam-Japan Workshop on Youth Mediated Communication (May 2011 at University of Science in Vietnam National University-HCMC)http://www.pangaean.org/ymcworkshop/
* 2nd Vietnam-Japan Workshop on Youth Mediated Communication (January 2013 University of Science in Vietnam National University-HCMC)http://www.ailab.hcmus.edu.vn/ymc/